PII: Could it be possible, after the gorgeous ceremony and wonderful party, there could be sexual challenges on the tropical vacation? A story that happens too often, but is not often shared: Kellar gives her perspective on the let-down and challenges they faced after choosing to save sex for marriage. But she also gives a lot of hope and practical guidance for other who desire to live holy before the Lord. What she wish she had known, she shares with you.
Check out Part I at delightyourmarriage.com/102
- How a couple who chose to wait to have sex til marriage still had intimacy issues to work through.
- Why a couple would want wait in our society and if it was worth it.
- How prayer was a vital part of the process towards enjoying their physical intimacy.
- How unmet expectations can be so painful and how to guard against those and set yourself up for success.
Books & Resources Mentioned:
- DYM Episode 100: How to Find the Love Of Your Life – The episode where I share the strategy that Kellar and I talked about which she used to meet her now husband.
- The Gift Of Sex – The book Kellar recommends to all couples who want to grow their intimacy.
- If you’d like to listen to the wonderful episode where I interviewed the author, Joyce Penner, check out DYM Ep8: To Love When Kids Are In Sickness Or In Health & DYM Ep9: It’s About Pleasure, Not A Performance
- The Five Love Languages – a book we’ve referenced many times on the show, and contains really important understandings.
- What Alice Forgot – The fiction book that Kellar is reading and it’s giving her a fresh and renewed commitment to her marriage.
- We asked God to help us get out of our own heads.
- Looking back, we can say ‘Wow, that was a real moment’. We change in those moments.
- Marriage is a process of stripping away the walls that stand between the two of us.
- It’s vital to take the demand off your partner in the bedroom.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!