Sometimes even with our best efforts, because of the society we live, can derail our thought-life. Today’s guests know that all too well. Mordechai and Ilana have 4 children and are observant Jews, in fact Hasidic Jews.
Usually my guests are Christian, but I felt they had such helpful insight for us, that I had to have them on. It’s also incredibly encouraging to hear about the culture in which Jesus came and the background from which Paul wrote his letters.
You might not agree with all that is said and you might not want to include every idea into your lifestyle. But, I deeply believe this conversation will edify you and help you to love God and His gift of Jesus SO much more.
Find out more about Ilana Danneman at marriedtoayid.com
- How the Jewish people think about keeping their thoughts pure
- The biggest marriage lessons learned by a wife of 29 years
- A lot of insights into the Jewish and even Haicidic Jewish communities
- That the married women keep their hair covered always
- That even specific materials are not permitted to be sown together
- The thoughts behind the extreme modesty requirements
- And how many laws they actually observe…and why…and much more!
- A view into the Jewish culture that Jesus was born into and Paul writes with lived out depth of insight
- A Tale Of Two Souls, Ilana’s book detailing insights about her marriage and faith journey
- Proverbs 3:18
- She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, those who hold her fast will be blessed
- Proverbs 29:25
- Fear of man brings a snare, but He who trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
- Our physical selves are always trying to pull us down
- Our commandments pull us to go “above nature”
- We’re standing before the King 24×7
- Ask yourself “Am I doing this for the sake of heaven?”
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode or others, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? I don’t look at them anymore, but if you do take the time, it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!