PII: We’re one flesh but clearly we’re different people. How does that work? The Bible tells us “therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh,” Gen 2:24. How do we do that practically?
We’re listening in to the second half of my interview with Ruth about what it means to let our husband journey alongside us. And be united at the same time.
Check out Part I at delightyourmarriage.com/106 (“JII” = Journey Interview, Part II)
Find out more about Ruth Buezis at awaken-love.net
Ever wondered how to encourage him to lead? I continue this conversation next week. Check out my story “How To Get Him To Do What You Want” (Episode 108) to hear my rocky journey that has led to a lot of contentment and even (surprisingly the romance and connection I had hoped).
- What her marriage looks like after the struggle.
- How she encourages him to lead spiritually.
- What it means to get naked, over and over and over again with your husband and why that matters.
- naked, physically and emotionally
Books & Resources Mentioned:
- Creating An Intimate Marriage with Jim Burns
- Sex is supposed to grow out of connecting 24 x 7.
- Just like submission is the hardest thing for us women, leading is the hardest thing for husbands.
- Advice for newlyweds: have fun! (& cut the screen time!)
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!