Parenting our kids around sexual realities can feel overwhelming (and scary, if you’re anything like me!)
Well, I hope today’s conversation with Luke Gilkerson, an expert on the topic, will allow you to breathe a sigh of relief as we learn the fundamentals of raising sexually healthy kids.
God gives a lot of insight for us to follow through the Bible and Luke shares with us research that has proven these understandings. If you know young people or are a parent, this episode is not to be missed. You can play a vital, life-saving role in their lives, listen to find out how.
Find out more about Luke Gilkerson at intoxicatedonlife.com
- How to not feel overwhelmed with the prospect of sharing appropriately with your kids the truth around sex.
- How to talk about your own experiences and allow them to dialogue in a way that will steward them later.
- The specific ages kids can developmentally handle specific conversations about sex.
- How to be equipped to answer the questions your kids will have.
- My previous 3-part conversation with Luke:
- Luke’s articles we referenced:
- Luke’s books featuring scripts on how to approach topics with your kids
- Delight Your Husband Course, my course, Belah Rose
- To bring you from a woman who may have feelings of shame or embarrassment around her sexuality and thus cannot engage her kids healthily in this conversation because of this.
- Well here’s the opportunity to discover God’s truth and enjoy sex as a confident, fierce woman…(not just for you, but even for the good of your kids!)
- Watch the first video for free, here! (Scroll down to the bottom.)
- Romans 12:21
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- Proverbs 6:20-22
- My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
- Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck.
- When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.
- Embody delight in your marriage and sexualty to model what healthy relationship looks like.
- Innocence is a function of attitude not information.
- Talking about sex in the context of your values does not provoke your kids to seek it out in the wrong ways.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!