Hi there! Belah here. It’s just me today, and I will be talking about the vulnerable issue in my life: my struggle with body image and how it has affected my sex life, my marriage, & my walk with God. Every day we are faced with the “standards of beauty.” It’s about time that we take a look at ourselves a different way; be proud of who we are and for what we are. You are more than your weight.
Listen in as I talk about how I struggled with a serious eating disorders, grew up with the teasing, went into my first marriage with insecurities, and how I slowly overcame (and daily am currently working to overcome) all these with some steps that you, too, could use in your own lives.
- How I struggled with body image issues even as a small child.
- How the insecurities and hang-ups I had affected my marriage.
- That when I got married the first time, my expectations in the bedroom were way off.
- I assumed that he was going to do everything and because I kept myself “pure” he should be utterly thrilled. But both of us had inappropriate expectations.
- How I was ashamed of marital intimacy because of the way I was raised.
- How my husband made me feel like a valuable person again and because of that his love brought me back to Jesus.
- The four steps I took, and am currently taking, to overcome my bouts with body image, emotional eating and physical insecurity.
- When sex was in the right context, our intimacy exploded.
- How you should focus on the things that make you proud, that make you love who you are.
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ Matthew 25:21
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter 3:8
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. 2 Corinthians 10:12
Story of Gideon Judges 6-8
Joyce Meyer https://www.joycemeyer.org/
Anthony Robbins http://www.tonyrobbins.com/
- The psychology of a woman is so connected to her physiology.
- You deserve value and respect because you are God’s holy creature.
- Focus on the areas that make you proud; focus on the things that will make you say, “Wow, God knew what he was doing when he designed me.”
- If you find wisdom out there in the world it’s Gods. If it’s true, it’s God’s truth.
- Stop calling yourself fat. Stop calling yourself unworthy. Stop calling yourself gross. Because that’s not true. That’s what the enemy wants you think. That is a satan attack. That is not of God. That is not true. You are beautiful, you are worth it.
- God wants to use you for His glory.
- You have to change your life and if you are not uncomfortable, you are not changing.
- If the secret to success is failing over and over again without losing enthusiasm. Sounds a lot like faith, doesn’t it?
- God is a hopeful god; he fights for you to change.
- He wants for you to have an abundant life; he died for you to live it.
- He brought me back to Jesus, and he wasn’t even saved.
- You bring your entire humanhood into the bedroom. Unfortunately, we can’t leave our normal self outside and bring in only our sexy-self. It’s all there is intimacy.
- I called myself to a higher level. I called myself out on my sin.
- Any comment that is not encouraging your wife, makes her want to eat.
- God designed every part of your body.
- Husbands, honor your wives.
- Let the gentle, kind, loving conviction of the Holy Spirit speak to your heart, not the devil’s condemnation that comes from the sin of the world.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!