Hi there! Belah here. Today I have Part II of my interview with Chris Taylor from forgivenwife.com. Chris shares bravely about how serving her husband (at first just to fill his need) has become an incredible place of joy for her as well! Chris is a self-proclaimed feminist (so am I) and she says it’s important for a wife to serve him in the bedroom. She shares the hard work she’s put into improving their marriage, including how she used “stealth growth opportunities” on her husband every chance she got. Listen as she explains how it’s absolutely alright to let loose and be vulnerable; and that in those vulnerable moments, the most tremendous spiritual aspects of intimacy come into play.
- That she often had the drive physically but the relationship and emotions were so bad that she remained in a sexless marriage for 20 years
- That even a feminist should be making love to their husbands!How their marriage does not look any different on the outside, but definitely feels a whole lot better behind the scenes
- Once Chris and her husband let go of old patterns and recentered on their intimate relationship, they became closer to God
- How she explains that life is not perfect, and we don’t always have control; and it’s okay to let loose
- That vulnerability could be scary, but is perfectly fine when shared with your husband, whom you know is the one person you can trust and rely on
- How Chris believes that sex is the means that will connect her and her husband when that emotional connection is truly needed
- That growth is not just something you do when something is broken
- Sometimes when neither of she or her husband are in the mood, they have sex for the marriage.
Resources Mentioned: (clickable image)
- The Generous Wife by Lori Byerly (the-generous-wife.com)
- The blog that is not just about sex, it’s about heart.
- The Respect Dare: 40 Days to Deeper Connection with God and Your Husband by Nina Roesner
- Before I was married, sex was very much just for the men. I never saw it as something that met my needs and it very much does. But in order to get to that point where I could see that, I had to go through a season of “sex for my husband”.
- If you look at sex within the larger goal of having a great marriage, then sex for your husband’s sake is a good step. Just don’t stop there.
- Once I decided it was okay to let loose, sex changed dramatically.
- When those walls are down, and it’s just God-husband-wife, it’s a tremendous experience.
- When our marriage became more intimate, our young adult kids could tell.
- Healthy doesn’t mean perfect. But it means you can get through it ok.
- Working on sex for his sake removed the primary tension in our marriage, then we could work on the rest of it
- I have always had a strong sex-drive physically but I just didn’t want to have sex with my husband because the relationship and the emotions trumped my physical drive.
- There is no one on this earth, other than my husband, who has seen me in my full sexual glory as a wife.
- He has forgiven me for hurting him and rejecting him for nearly 20 years. And that is the best example of Christ that anyone has ever shown me.
- Its not just that he wants sex, it’s that he wants to be with you.
- Everything I’m working on through my marriage, I am now seeing how it parallels my relationship with God in so many ways.
- Jesus said feed my lambs and sometimes thats one lamb at a time.
- Sex is the path for emotional connection for many men.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!