Hi there! Belah here. Today, I have with me Julie Sibert of intimacyinmarriage.com. Julie is a wife and mother to 2 boys and is passionate about creating a long-lasting marriage with sexual intimacy as a big part of it. She believes that marriage is to be enjoyed by two “grown ups” who are in love and have the desire for each other. Listen as Julie shares her experiences with her past relationship and how she has come to realize that sexual intimacy, alongside friendship and faith, is a major part of married life and should be nurtured and taken care of. Join in as Julie tells us how she keeps track of “healthy” relationship habits that will surely affect your marriage positively.
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” -Robert Brault
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
“The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the LORD, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,” says the LORD Almighty. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful. Malachi 2:16
- How Julie overcame the pain brought about by her past relationship
- How friendship plays a huge role in any marriage and why it is important to keep that friendship alive
- How it is majorly helpful that you and your husband make it intentional to spend time together
- How it is important that your spouse has no doubts on how you truly feel
- That God is a redemptive god
- How to get over your past and move on to create a more effective and beautiful life without the guilt and insecurities
- How to incorporate healthy habits into your marriage
- How faith is a big part of her married life and how it has been foundational for both her and her husband
- How Julie manages co-parenting and coping with the reminders of her past
- How she treats intimacy as a major ingredient in a successful and happy marriage
Books & Resources Mentioned:
- Pursuit of Passion: Discovering True Intimacy in Your Marriage by Jeffrey Murphy, Glynis Murphy, Julie Sibert, and Randall Sibert
- J from Hot, Holy, and Humorous episode: delightyourmarriage.com/2
- Put more energy into planning the marriage than planning the wedding; the wedding is just one day.
- The extraordinary happens in the ordinary
- Healthy habits are intentional. No one drifts into healthy habits.
- Marriage is a grown-up game. It is not for the drama queens and passive-aggressive.
- We make sure that difficulties don’t isolate us.
- The hard things in life draw us closer together, not push us apart.
- Hormonal birth control can be an assassin to sex drive.
- Marriage is a covenant relationship.
- Your past divorce or your past promiscuity don’t define you. You are defined by who you are in Christ
- I would have never asked for the pain of my divorce, but I wouldn’t trade one lesson I have learned through that.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!