Hi there! Belah here. Today, I have with me Wanda Collins of Christian Marriage Today, and she talks about her struggles as a wife in the early stages of their marriage. On this episode, she tackles the sensitive issue of infidelity and how she dealt with the pain brought about by her personal experience with it. She tells us how God is essential in any marriage, especially when faced with circumstances that don’t always seem to be pleasant. She hands out tips to anyone who has gone through infidelity issues in their marriage and to those who haven’t but might be scared to go through the same. It’s so powerful how Wanda uses the scripture and God’s Word to relate on how she reacted when she found out; and it’s so inspiring and encouraging to hear her talk about the strength she had, which wasn’t her own, but that of our Lord.
- But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23
- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
- A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:45
- How Wanda had become withdrawn from her husband in the beginning of their marriage, and the reason behind her actions
- How she reacted to learning about the infidelity from her own husband
- What kept her going and holding on to the marriage, even when the situations have proven to be difficult
- Her tips and advice for wives embattled with being emotionally detached from their husbands and those going through a crisis following an affair
- How she views LOVE—what it is and how it should be practiced.
Books & Resources Mentioned:
The Book of Hosea from the Bible
- Going into marriage, majority of us have our own expectations. Most of those expectations are built on an unrealistic idea of what marriage is.
- I realized that what he did was his choice. It was not a reflection of who I was as a person.
- In marriage, there is no contingency clause. It’s a covenant.
- People say time heals. No, God heals.
- God is the healer and lover of our souls, and if we would just depend on him, he can get us through—even in infidelity.
- Love is not a feeling; it’s not anything you fall in and out of. It’s an action word. It’s something that you do.
- We pray when things are bad, or when we want something. We have to get into the habit of laying out everything to God.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!