Hi there! Belah here. Today is Part II of my interview with Jenna. On this episode, she talks to me about how she and her husband got through the struggles they experienced, including the falling of their child into the claws of drug and alcohol addiction. Jenna emphasizes on putting God in the center of your marriage and the importance of humor too. As a wife of 30-plus years, Jenna has lived through the intimacy issues that are being faced by most women—and she couldn’t be more clear: intimacy changes as you age. It’s a reality, but something can be done about that. Listen in as she gives her tips and advice on how to keep intimacy interesting, fun, and comfortable for you and your husband.
Check out Part I at delightyourmarriage.com/51
- How a wife should love her husband before anyone else
- How we have to be deliberate about our intimacy
- How intimacy changes as we grow older
- What this wife wished she knew earlier in her married life
- How you try to outlove each other—which is the secret to marital success
Books & Resources Mentioned:
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary D. Chapman
- Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman
- Saturdays with Stella: How My Dog Taught Me to Sit, Stay, and Come When God Calls by Allison K. Pittman
- Finding Wedded Bliss, Jenna’s personal blog
- The secret to marital success is you have to outlove each other.
- This little thing called marriage can affect so many more generations down the line.
- Keep things light with humor.
- If a couple remains focused on pleasing the other, then that intimacy they share will blossom.
- Because we’re both committed to seeking God first and fighting for our marriage, we don’t only survive it. We flourish.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!