Hi there! Belah here. Today, I have with me Tony Ingrassia of powerofpurity.org. Tony is incredibly brave to share his story. He describes the importance of understanding your sexual journey and how it affects who you are today. He happened upon his father’s pornography as a kid, was abused as a young man which led into adulterous affairs when he was unhappily married. Tony shares the hope found in our saviour and how God can take the horrible parts of our lives and resurrect into new life.
- It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 1 Thess 4:3-7
- How Tony’s wife Sherry had been abused as a young girl and how that affected her marriage from the very first night.
- How Tony had discovered his father’s porn stash and became hooked as a young man.
- How our stories affect our present and how important it is to honestly and bravely understand what has happened to us.
- How God uses our spouse to mold us into the person He wants us to be.
- How God takes the dead and terrible places of our lives and brings new life, just like the resurrection of Christ.
- God doesn’t waste our pain.
- Our greatest opportunity for ministry is where the deepest brokenness of our life intersect with the grace and the mercy of God.
- God may use your spouse to mold you into the person with the character He wants for you to be.
- I think it’s incredibly important to understand our story and we let God into our story to bring our healing.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!