Hi there! Belah here. Today is Part II of my interview with Larry Hagner of gooddadproject.com. After Larry shared such a moving story in his Part I, he shares why his marriage is strong in the midst of challenges. Communication is the foundation of a healthy marriage: communication with God and each other. But communication is more of a skill, but it isn’t hard. It just requires action and Larry walks us through how to do it.
Check out Part I at delightyourmarriage.com/78
- The 3 rules Larry and his wife live by to make the difficult times less difficult
- The “non-negotiables” that keep the marriage fresh
- Why seeing movies isn’t the best date night
- Guidelines for the best connecting questions
- How men and women are wired in communication
- Imagine your marriage without sex
- How connecting with God is not as hard as it sounds
- The Dad’s Edge: 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories by Larry Hagner
- The quality of your life is based upon the quality of your questions.
- Men are wired to problem solve.
- Women mostly want to be heard, that you know how they feel.
- When women cut off men physically, it feels the same as when your husband is not speaking to you.
- Who better to be awkward with than the person who loves you and knows you for the rest of your life
- What would your marriage look like without sexual intimacy?
- I don’t have all the answers and that’s okay, but I’m going to go out and find these answers and grow.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!