We live in a comparison culture, but that is not what God calls us to do in marriage. You have your spouse. Heather talks about discovering who her husband truly is through intentional effort. And discovering who she is and how they tick together as a unit. We all have to refocus our energy on the gifts we received in her husband. Find out how.
Check out Part I at delightyourmarriage.com/86
- How to stop being angry at your spouse and pour your focus on what will ultimately make you so much happier.
- Understanding how your personality plays a huge role in your marriage and how to find out what that is!
- How to clarify who you are even in the face of who you grew up thinking you are.
- How to get prayer partners so your marriage is covered in prayer.
- How your specific marriage needs to be considered instead of comparing to others’ or societal norms, especially in the area of intimacy.
- How specific boundaries in your marriage can defend against needless arguments and hurt.
Books & Resources Mentioned:
- 16personalities.com – Take your personality test (free) to determine so much more about you and your mate!
- The Pair Test – Heather and Eric guide people through this test that helps couples understand who they are together.
- Preengaged.com – “Preventative care” blog for those who are seriously considering engagement. Here’s a special link for friends of Delight Your Marriage – free course “Beyond ‘You’ll Just Know’: 7 Indicators You’ve Found The One”.
- Sacred Pathways book about the specific ways we connect with God.
- Love & Respect book about how each partner has God-given needs that we can graciously fill for our spouse.
- Instead of throwing the blame around–which helps nothing–be thankful.
- I spent a lot of time in my marriage focused on what he is not.
- When I stop talking to myself and start talking to the Lord…by the end my perspective is totally different.
- The grace you’ve received is always far more than the grace you need to give.
- When you want to know who you are, you have to ask yourself “who would I be if I wasn’t afraid?”.
- I have had to seek the Lord because we are so different and that has drawn me closer to Him.
- I love things that take me out of the right now and focus it on eternity, because the motivation is so much stronger that I’m not doing this just for my husband but to please my Father.
- Sleep takes care of about 80% of the little things.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!