PII: When we don’t have a shared vision, everything feels important. It feels vital to win the argument, to get our point across, and to nitpick at the problems in our spouse. But, once we are intentional about envisioning a shared legacy we want to leave, everything comes into proper focus. Kimberly shares how creating goals as a couple has revolutionized the way she and her husband interact with each other. It was one of the biggest turning points in my marriage and continues to ground us as a couple. This episode is not to be missed!
Check out Part I: Dealing With Anger at delightyourmarriage.com/91
Find out more about Kimberly at marriagehelper.com
- How to defuse a tense situation and even make it enjoyable.
- How making goals together puts you on the same page, fighting for the same things.
- How to make goals as a couple.
- How you can figure out what God is leading you to do, through reflection and asking yourself specific questions.
- How jealousy and comparisons can steal our effectiveness, but the secret to combat it.
- How to create sex goals.
Books & Resources Mentioned:
- Joyce Meyer in talking about comparison
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, to get you and your spouse on the same page with finances
- How to create affirmations and visualizations for yourself and your marriage
- The Art Of Falling in Love: Kimberly’s father, Joe Beam, a Christian sexologist and therapist
- The Bible: the best marriage book out there!
- The 7 Principles For Making Marriage Work: a great resource for marriages, recommended time and time again
- How are you measuring your success?
- If it’s only one life changed, isn’t that worth it?
- I don’t have to be right in every situation.
- When I say fight, I really mean disagreeing in a very civil way, respectfully in way that is not going to hurt our marriage.
- I wish I had learned to go with the flow more.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday & Thursday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!