I encourage you to first listen to Part 1 here. Today, you get to hear the gory details of how awful I was…from my husband. He is giving you all the dirt on me, for your benefit (hopefully!). There’s a ton of mistakes I made that I thought was helping, but was actually driving a severe wedge between us. I was making it impossible for him to love me in the ways I was desperate for him to love me.
God has taught me a ton in my marriage. But by God’s grace, He continues to teach me. I thought I had it all figured out—but I had a lot more to learn. Through The Surrendered Wife book, I learned so much and I made important changes. But here’s my journey of understanding, right from my own husband.
In part 2, you’ll hear what was really going on behind closed doors.
- All the big mistakes I made which was wreaking havoc on my marriage though I had no idea.
- Why my husband didn’t want to go to weddings & social events that I so desperately wanted him to attend.
- How my insecurity caused my husband to be more insecure and wanted to do less of the activities I really wanted them to do.
- How I would treat my husband at parties, when walking down the street, and even in public at the grocery store ;/
- Why he felt like I treated him like a child and why I felt like he was acting like a child.
- How I realized that the truth of this scripture – Eph 5:33 Let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
There’s a ton that has changed but it was a pretty muddy road, and I wonder if you might be able to relate or can hear how to avoid my mistakes.