Hi there! Belah here. Today, I have with me Juana Mikels of choosinghim.com. Juana is a wife and mother of 4; her youngest daughter was born blind. She shares about her marriage that almost fell apart. Neither were believers when they married. It’s an incredible story of how they were separated for a long time and what God did to bring them back together. Juana encourages us to honor and cherish the man He has given us.
“The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” Proverbs 14:1
- How Juana and her husband’s marriage almost fell apart and no one encouraged her to go back together with him.
- How they were surprised by their fourth child being born blind.
- How Juana respected her husband as the spiritual leader even when he was not a believer.
- How Juana is thankful for her husband and focusing on what God has given to her.
- Mourning remains for a night but joy comes in the morning.
- He began to show me that His perfect will was to be willing to be married to my husband.
- To experience that full intimacy is for you to be spiritually intimate too.
- You’re going to have to stand before God for part.
- Lord, you gave me this husband. I’ll take him!
- Eve had the whole garden and she fixated on the one thing she wasn’t given. And we’ve been a mess ever since.
- No person can meet all your needs, because only God can do that.
Books & Resources Mentioned:
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!