Hi there! Belah here. Today, I have with me Kay Bruner of kaybruner.com. Kay was a former missionary and had been to other parts of the world, sharing the Word of God. On this episode, Kay tells us about the struggles she and her husband went through in their relationship. She talks openly about her husband’s past porn addiction and how she felt devastated when she learned of this. She became severely depressed and anxious, to the point that she couldn’t move! Kay also shares about what it was like to transition back into the United States, with no church. She has an amazing story to tell, and I do urge you to listen to this interview, as I’m sure it will touch your heart.
- The difficult season in which Kay, her husband, and her entire family had to go through
- How she reacted to the unfortunate things that happened while they were serving as missionaries abroad
- How Kay fell into the clutches of depression and anxiety
- How she learned that despite it all, she is loved by God because He delights in us
- How to be grateful amidst the challenges we face
- Our trials were really the mercy of God.
- There is a whole other way of being that has nothing to do with my doing.
- God is so much more creative and redemptive than we can ever imagine.
- Life is always a surprise.
- Just stop trying so hard; God delights in you.
Thanks for listening! I hope you are encouraged to live in wholehearted intimacy!
Episodes come out Tuesday mornings. But, in case you forget…I love to subscribe with my phone so I never miss an episode. You can too:
|iPhone: Podcast App is on updated iPhones. Open DYM & subscribe!||Android: Download Podbay.fm App. Open DYM & subscribe!|
If you enjoyed this episode, would you add your review to iTunes (via your phone or computer)? It will encourage me & it will help others find the podcast easier. Find out how at delightyourmarriage.com/itunes Thank you!